Sunday, May 30, 2010

One Step Up

Music World is two minutes behind
What a relief - I'm early...
The Spinner hidden in the hurly-burly
Of rush hour traffic on Park street
Comes striding down on his size eleven feet.

But wait...it's but a dream
I'm late and he's about to scream!
"I'm here where are u Eyes?"
With full throated bellow he cries
As I rush down the Rock n Roll aisles
Jumping the DVD and CD piles.

We spin off one step up
To find ourselves a step below
The busy road, people rushing by
And ladies next table give us the eye.
While the waiter waits patiently for a reply...

Coffee? Iced tea? A sandwich for you?
No no, just a small table for two...
Is that too much to ask?
As in the morning light we bask...
Through the plate glass window covered with damask.

You talk, I talk, we both listen
All the while our eyes glisten
With hidden amusement and that something else
That makes you smile and me quite tense
Till of your intentions, I make some sense!

Fish fries eaten, iced teas sipped
Eyes connecting but no heart beats skipped
Off to our other lives we go
To meet again in the morrow
With renewed energies more meets will follow!

1 comment:

  1. Darling, this is very J Alfred! Specially the 3rd and 4th stanzas... loved the poem!
    Dada

    ReplyDelete